Poems of Experience:
The Fifth Annual Common Good Books Poetry Contest
We’re are now accepting entries for “‘Poems of Experience: The Fifh Annual Common Good Books Poetry Contest.” Sharpen your pencil, and tell us what’s happened to you. Ten poets will receive prizes of $250 each for their poems of particular merit. Entries to “Poems of Experience” may be any poetic form. Mail your poem to Common Good Books, postmarked no later than April 15, 2017.
The rules at a glance:
- Entries must be mailed to Common Good Books (38 S Snelling Ave, St Paul MN 55105), postmarked no later than April 15, 2017.
- Please send two copies of your poem.
- Entries must be a single poem.
- The entries must be original work, previously unpublished, and the author must have full rights to the material.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The contest is open to anyone living within the United States.
And we’d be remiss if we didn’t point out that you can see what sort of poems touch our proprietor’s heart by checking out his collection of poetry O, What a Luxury: Verses Lyrical, Vulgar, Pathetic & Profound (get yours here) or by listening to The Writer’s Almanac (here).